- Apple Macs & Replacement Parts(104)
- Brand New & Used Laptops(215)
- PC Laptops & Replacement Parts(167)
- Smartphones, Parts & Accessories(58)
- Internet, WiFi, LAN & WAN Networking(383)
- Desktop PCs, Parts & Accessories(204)
- Cables, Adapters, Extenders(30)
- SSD, HDD, External Drives, Enclosure..(Storage)(232)
- Gaming Computers, Parts & Accessories(554)
- Sound, Audio Visuals & Media Players(47)
- Computer Servers, Parts & Accessories(261)
- Enterprise Access Points, Switches & Routers(177)
- Smart Home, Devices & Gadgets (98)
- Printers, Cartridges & Consumables (536)
- OS, Antivirus & Productivity Software (36)
MacBook Charger / Power Adapter
Are you looking for a MacBook charger? You don't know where to start your search? We have a great selection of MacBook chargers. Read about the differences below.
MagSafe has connector pins that are designed so the rectangular connector can be inserted in either orientation. Originally the connector was T-shaped, with the cable directed straight out; later it became L-shaped, with the cable directed along the side of the computer, but still capable of being inserted in either orientation, unless simultaneous use of neighboring ports such as USB required directing the cable toward the rear. LEDs on both the top and bottom of the connector show green if the computer battery is fully charged and amber or red if the battery is charging. MagSafe can be found on the MacBook (2006–2011), MacBook Pro (2006–2012) and MacBook Air (2008–2011) notebook computers. The Apple LED Cinema Display and Thunderbolt Display include built-in MagSafe chargers.
MagSafe 2 was introduced on the MacBook Air and MacBook Pro with Retina Display a on July 11, 2012. It was made thinner to fit the thinner laptops, and also wider to preserve magnetic grip force. It also returns to the T-shaped design that points straight out, rather than the L-shape that runs along the side of the machine. MagSafe 2 can be found on the MacBook Pro (2012–2015) and MacBook Air (2012–2017) notebook computers.
On October 18, 2021, Apple announced updated 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro models with MagSafe 3. MagSafe 3 is slimmer than its predecessor and uses a removable cable with a USB-C end. It supports up to 140W power delivery on the 16-inch MacBook Pro with its bundled 140W GaN power supply that supports USB-C Power Delivery.
The MacBook and the 13-inch MacBook Pro use a 60W MagSafe charger, whereas the 15- and 17-inch MacBook Pro use an 85W version. The MacBook Air uses a lower-powered 45W version. According to Apple, an adapter with a higher wattage than that originally provided may be used without problems.